Sebastian AS - a consultancy company that specialises in safeguarding maritime operations - has just completed a major project for Gulmar Offshore M.E.
In 2007, Sebastian AS entered into a cooperation agreement with Marin Teknikk AS. This agreement concerned the provision of consultancy services related to two new diving vessels due to be built for Gulmar Offshore ME. Sebastian AS was to provide design and engineering solutions for electrical and automation systems in close collaboration with Marin Teknikk, the ship owner and the shipyard. Hanjin Heavy Industries, a shipyard in Busan, South Korea, won the order to build the vessel. The Gulmar Atlantis and Gulmar Da Vinci are sister vessels of MT 6022 XL design and both are equipped to carry out advanced construction work. The project has now been completed and both vessels have been delivered. The last one, the Gulmar Da Vinci, left the shipyard last week and is on its way to Singapore.
Sebastian AS has helped the ship owner to set the technical terms that ensure optimal functionality and safe operations.
This has been a very exciting project for our company. We’re grateful to Marin Teknikk and Gulmar Offshore for including us early on in the process, says Johannes Kristian Bjøringsøy, the CEO of Sebastian AS.
New employee of Sebastian AS
Sebastian AS - a consultancy company that specialises in safeguarding maritime operations - has now strengthened its staff.
Geir Sindre Røyset from Ulsteinvik has been hired as a Master Mariner - FMEA Auditor. Prior to his appointment, Mr Røyset was the captain of the Diving support vessel Bibby Topaz. This ship has been involved in advanced DP operations ever since it was launched in 2007.
- We view Geir Sindre's experience as very important to us. He represents the operator's perspective and has also worked in a demanding environment with many different requirements as to safety and profitable operations. We think his appointment has brought us a step closer to achieving our vision of being the company with the best expertise and highest standards of quality for ensuring safe maritime operations, comments Johannes Kristian Bjøringsøy, the CEO of Sebastian AS.
We are pleased to announce that Sebastian AS through verification of our products and services, quality and environmental policies, from 16th of May 2011 is registrated in Achilles JQS.
Achilles JQS is a pre-qualification system for buying organizations in the oil- and gas industry. Although Sebastian AS is an established and well-known company within our defined business areas, pre-qualification in Achilles JQS enable Sebastian AS to communicate our services to a global network, also for new potential customers. Updated information about Sebastian AS, provided in the joint pre-qualification system, gives existing and prospective customers time saving and risk reducing supply chain management.
New year, new possibilities
Sebastian AS had an extremely high level of activity in 2009 and 2010. We were nonetheless able to fulfil our obligations although we were sometimes in situations where we had to say "no thanks" to orders from some of our customers. We know this is not good for business but believe it is better to turn down a contract that we are not in a position to carry out properly.
It became clear to us that we needed to make som changes and we are happy to note that we were able to do so in 2010. Here is a list of some of the most important changes accomplished last year:
- a new project management system was implemented in order to improve our project organisation
- a very experienced additional FMEA auditor at specialist engineer level has been employed, enabling us to enhance our core expertise even more
- an administration manager has been employed, improving the administration and complementing the company's management
- we have moved into new self-owned offices which we consider to be perfect for us
- we have re-launched our website
At the start of 2011, Sebastian AS is a re-organised company with more structured project organisation capabilities that is able to provide high quality services within its defined business areas. We are again able to provide our services on short notice.
Feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail or by completing the inquiry form on our website.